Charity: HEART UK
|Area of Operation:||Nationwide|
|Pledge level:||£1750 including £50 registration fee|
HEART UK is the only charity in the UK dedicated to supporting people with high cholesterol and their families. We support those recently diagnosed, campaign and lobby for better detection of those at risk, and educate healthcare professionals about the prevalence of inherited high cholesterol. By joining our team, you'll make a real difference to the lives of those affected by cholesterol, helping us to keep young hearts running.
All successful runners commit to raising at least £1750 in sponsorship for heart health. We allocate our places based on strength of application, so please include as much detail as possible when filling out your form.
Where your money goes:
All money raised from the 2016 Virgin Money London Marathon will be used to help develop our vital services that support people with high cholesterol, including our Helpline and national campaigns.
As part of the HEART UK team, you will receive full support throughout your marathon journey, including:
- A personal contact at HEART UK, on hand to answer any queries you have through your marathon experience
- Dedicated fundraising support and tips
- Training advice for all levels of experience
- HEART UK technical running vest;
- HEART UK supporters cheering you on along the route
- A well deserved massage and refreshments soon after you've crossed the finish line
- The feeling that you're making a difference to people living with cholesterol.
Don't take our word for it......here’s what HEART UK supporter and London Marathon runner Morag Thain said of the day:
"I had an absolutely brilliant day. I had a great run everything went perfectly from start to finish and I really enjoyed it. Huge thanks for letting me be part of your HEART UK team and for all your amazing support throughout. I managed to raised well over my pledge and my sponsors were really generous as they knew it was going to a great cause."