Charity: The Neuro Foundation
|Area of Operation:||Nationwide|
|Charity no:||1078790 / SCO45051|
|Pledge level:||£1400 including £50 registration fee|
Neurofibromatosis (NF) is one of the world’s most common neuro-genetic conditions. Every day a baby is born in the UK with Neurofibromatosis. There are over 25,000 people in the UK affected by the condition and as yet, there is no cure.
NF is a term for a group of health conditions which cause tumours to grow on nerves. Many people have multiple health problems linked to their diagnosis which is extremely variable and unpredictable. NF potentially affects all parts of the body therefore causing impairment in areas most people take for granted such as appearance, walking, seeing, hearing, learning and social relationships. Managing this uncertainty is very difficult for the family and can severely challenge how they live their lives.
The work of The Neuro Foundation
- Funding a team of Specialist Advisors who can offer patients and their families practical advice and support, in their homes, schools and hospital clinics
- Funding a Telephone Helpline for patients, their families and carers in the UK
- Fundraising to support the key work of the Charity
- Raising awareness of NF and the challenges it can present
- Acting as a resource for medical and allied health care professionals
- Supporting research into prevention and treatments
- Linking people via social media
The Neuro Foundation is almost entirely reliant on the generosity of its donors to help in its work to improve the lives of those affect by Neurofibromatosis. Please support our charity! Thank you so much.